NEW STANDARD LEAD TIMES - ORDERS MAY TAKE UP TO 5 WORKING DAYS TO DISPATCH
This does not include courier delivery times.
COVID-19 - UPDATES & INFORMATION
Firstly, we would like to say thank you for all the kind messages of support from our customers who appreciate the efforts we are making to keep offering our services & products during this ongoing challenging time.
We have been asked why Covid-19 is still affecting our business and our phone lines - this is a good question.
Lead Times – why still affected?
- We continue to prioritise our staff’s safety and ability to remain Covid Secure in the workplace no matter the infection rates in the surrounding area.
- As detailed below we have many restrictions in place and new procedures which we are still following to protect staff, meet current laws & stay Covid Secure. These are all impacting our movement around the building and the speed with which each fulfilment process can be carried out. These restrictions are not ‘going away’ any time soon and will continue to impact our working speed.
- The last year has seen a dramatic increase in product demand within the cleaning industry. As window cleaning has been relatively unaffected for most workers, demand has continued for associated products. This has meant that we are processing more orders under more difficult circumstances.
- Some of our staff are still working from home.
Phone Lines – Why are these closed? I have heard that I cannot speak to anyone now on the phone?
- We are very happy to talk with any of our customers if needed on the phone and we have a dedicated team here to do this.
- To speak to one of the team please send a short email to [email protected] with your name, phone number and a brief description of the nature of the call request and the team will ring you back. Alternatively please use this contact form.
- Yes, we know that you cannot catch Covid down the phone line! However the restrictions we have in place in our office/home environment have meant that we have had to simplify dramatically in order to manage the increased workload on the staff in what has been very challenging times for them all.
- For several years now we have only operated a ‘call-back’ service and not a direct dial through phone service – this was due to volume of call demand at peak times and being able to best prioritize calls/emails as a whole. As Covid restrictions started to affect our business in March 2020 we then had to switch the answer phone service off in order to simplify the client request stream and to best allow our remote workers access to a single source of client contact details and requests. This has worked and has allowed us to continue meeting communication demand in a timely manner, despite increased workload and reduced staff on hand.
We appreciate your patience when waiting for a callback or email response. This will be done as soon as our reduced number of staff are able. Please do not send multiple emails with the same query or repeat callback requests for the same query as this only delays the response further.
COVID-19 Business Response Statement
During this ever changing and evolving time of COVID-19, the health and security of our employees, customers and users of our products is our highest priority
As the situation is changing on a daily basis, we would like to make sure that our customers know the precautions we are taking.
At this point in time no employee within Gardiner Pole Systems (GPS) has been tested positive for COVID-19.
In addition to precautions outlined by WHO, such as extended personal hygiene measures, including hand washing and sanitising, GPS has taken the following precautions and actions, all to limit the risk of a possible contamination and spread of COVID-19
- Vulnerable employees that can work from home are remote working at this point within the business.
- All employees are non-contact temperature screened upon arrival each day and then directed to perform a full hand washing routine before being allowed to touch anything.
- All employees are practising social distancing during the work day – 2 metres distance apart whilst working, no handshakes, hugs and physical contact are permitted. Full PPE is always available to all staff.
- On-site employees are provided with a 'Covid Secure' screened-off work zone to ensure full separation from other employees.
- At the end of each working day and between shifts, the Offices, Warehouse, Workshops and Packing Room are fully santised - we use Shield-ME technology for our building wide sanitation.
- Shared equipment is re-sanitised regularly through the working day
- Critical visitors only are allowed entrance – if such a critical visitor is allowed entrance this is only after temperature screening has taken place and hand washing routine has been observed.
- No customer collection of orders from the premises are allowed and no customer orders are being taken at the door.
- The regular FedEx courier is temperature screened upon arrival and observed carrying out full hand sanitization before being allowed in the building and allowed to handle box trucks. Then 2 metres distance is maintained between him and all staff. Everything he touches is then re-santized after he has left each day.
- No contact with truck drivers from other external transportation companies is allowed
- If any employee develops COVID-19 symptoms or who has a household bubble member that has symptoms they will be sent home on paid leave for a 10 day quarantine period. A full building-wide disinfection procedure then will be carried out according to the pre-arranged policy.
Is there any risk of COVID-19 transmission via Gardiner products? Recent scientific studies, undertaken by the Centre for Disease Control (CDC), have shown that COVID-19 survival on plastic & similar surfaces is relatively short (<72 hours). None of our products will be released from our warehouse within 72 hours of production. We also recommend that all products on arrival are either left unused in storage for 3 days or are cleaned and disinfected prior to use.
Technical Director at Gardiner Pole Systems Ltd