The Gardiner Pole Systems backpack - Version 3
Our most popular and reliable backpack to date.
The perfect complement to a van-mount system - ideal for awkward access areas.
- Larger Capacity - 22.75 litre maximum capacity (20 litres to measured line - 22.75 litres when full)
- Moulded Handle - more secure carrying
- Larger Battery Capacity - Sealed 12v 12AH battery - comes complete with charger
- Pump & Controller - 12v powerful, compact and quiet 60psi pump - Variable Flow rate from 1.0lpm to 2.3lpm
- Santoprene pump seals and diaphragm - high resistance to wide range of chemicals
- Long Lasting - up to 9 hours pumping from each charge
- Voltage indicator gauge
- Removable backpack straps
- 1.5m flexible orange outlet hose - Fits 8mm Barb Fittings
- 8KG Dry Weight
- H 56cm x W 33cm x D19cm
Click on TECHNICAL INFO tab above for TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE & BACKPACK USE AND BATTERY CHARGING INSTRUCTIONS
240v power leads (such as kettle and computer leads) are not compatible with this backpack for charging and will destroy the unit if used
Only a blade fuse between 3 and 10 amps must be used with this backpack. Using a different amp blade fuse will invalidate the warranty on the backpack
The backpack is warrantied for use with water only - due to health and safety reasons no warranty returns will be accepted if the backpack has been used with any chemicals (except products such as TFR)
Any unauthorized modification to this unit will invalidate the warranty on the backpack
- 1 year warranty on tank etc.
- 6 month warranty on pump and flow controller in standard WFP use
- Pump not warrantied if used with extension hose longer than 20m (not including pole hose length)
- 3 month warranty on battery
- Recommended battery care: fully charge at least once a month
- Backpack pump 60psi
- For H&S reasons we do not recommend working a full day with a backpack on your back. Rest frequently and schedule changes in work routine during the day.
- For H&S reasons we do not recommend carrying these on your back if you have any history of back injury or damage. A trolley can be used to carry them instead.
- Please note that we only ship these items to Mainland UK & Highlands - We will not ship them to NI or Eire (Please see the link to our Irish distributor if buying in these regions)
- For a Basic Backpack Troubleshooting Guide please click here
- Click here to view a Wiring Diagram for the Backpack
BACKPACK USE AND BATTERY CHARGING INSTRUCTIONS
To use the variable flow controller on the V3 Backpack, push the on/off switch to the upper ON (I) position and then turn on the unit using the flow control silver dial until the desired flow rate is reached. When desired flow rate is set, you can then switch on and off to this speed using just the on/off switch. For full flow rate push the switch to the lower ON (II) setting
The battery comes charged as standard. However, it is recommended that you charge the battery again until the green LED on the charger illuminates. The battery charger will show red LED whilst charging and when battery is less than full.
To read the voltmeter: Turn the pump switch to the lower ON (II) setting - when GREEN light shows, this indicates the backpack is fully charged; when just the yellow or red lights show, this indicates the backpack needs to be re-charged soon; when the red light only shows it indicates the backpack must be recharged immediately. Failure to do so and continuing to use the backpack in this battery state could damage the battery and shorten its lifespan.
- For prolonged battery life and to avoid battery cell damage it is best to keep the battery charged as often as possible, preferably after each use.
- Only charge the unit using the supplied battery charger. Do not use a computer lead or similar.
- If using with chemicals, always ensure that the unit is rinsed out fully and the pump and hose is flushed through for a few minutes with pure water before storage.
plus 20% VAT
plus 20% VAT
plus 20% VAT
10 customer reviews
Gardiner BackpackBy Stephen November 28, 2018
A life changing saving bit of kit .Very little ladderwork now. I can work without a van mounted system .A sack truck 25 litre water carriers a Vyair RO at home Gardiner pole are all I need.The usual mix of domestic and commercial work large and small.The Backpack works all day easily .No trailing hoses.The van remains a normal van. I have been window cleaning for over forty years with bucket and ladders why would I need a van mounted system when I have a V3?
Gardiner BackpackBy Steve September 28, 2018
Believe this...it happened:-
I accidentally knocked the ‘on’ switch when packing up at the end of the day on Friday. I went back into the garage Saturday afternoon. The backpack was still pumping. Bone dry of course. It has worked fine ever since. Amazing.
THE GARDINER BACKPACKBy Duncan September 21, 2018
Had 4 of these backpacks over the last 5 years and they're great... we've worn the bottom out of them before any components have failed and they're used on a daily basis. Ordering another one the moment they're back in stock.
Very reliable piece of kit, a must have for every van!By Robert September 13, 2018
This is by far the best backpack I have ever owned, and I have tried and still own nearly every backpack and trolley available. They are all now sitting in the garage like antiques, looking old and dated. This little machine can go on all day long on a full charge, and doesn't seem to struggle with any sort of height. The shell is very strong and the flow control is great!
V3 BackpackBy Nathan June 06, 2018
Excellent bit of kit. Have used others in the past from different companies but this is by far the best quality and easy to use with the flow rate adjuster. Great value for money and an essential item which we use daily along with our van system.