The Gardiner Pole Systems backpack - Version 3
Our most popular and reliable backpack to date.
The perfect complement to a van-mount system - ideal for awkward access areas.
- Larger Capacity - 22.75 litre maximum capacity (20 litres to measured line - 22.75 litres when full)
- Moulded Handle - more secure carrying
- Larger Battery Capacity - Sealed 12v 12AH battery - comes complete with charger
- Pump & Controller - 12v powerful, compact and quiet 60psi pump - Variable Flow rate from 1.0lpm to 2.3lpm
- Santoprene pump seals and diaphragm - high resistance to wide range of chemicals
- Long Lasting - up to 9 hours pumping from each charge
- Voltage indicator gauge
- Removable backpack straps
- 1.5m flexible orange outlet hose - Fits 8mm Barb Fittings
Click on TECHNICAL INFO tab above for BACKPACK USE AND BATTERY CHARGING INSTRUCTIONS
240v power leads (such as kettle and computer leads) are not compatible with this backpack for charging and will destroy the unit if used
Only a blade fuse between 3 and 10 amps must be used with this backpack. Using a different amp blade fuse will invalidate the warranty on the backpack
The backpack is warrantied for use with water only - due to health and safety reasons no warranty returns will be accepted if the backpack has been used with any chemicals (except products such as TFR)
Any unauthorized modification to this unit will invalidate the warranty on the backpack
- 1 year warranty on tank/connectors/electronics, etc.
- 6 month warranty on pump in standard WFP use
- Pump not warrantied if used with extension hose longer than 20m (not including pole hose length)
- 3 month warranty on battery
- Recommended battery care: fully charge at least once a month
- Backpack pump 60psi
- For H&S reasons we do not recommend working a full day with a backpack on your back. Rest frequently and schedule changes in work routine during the day.
- For H&S reasons we do not recommend carrying these on your back if you have any history of back injury or damage. A trolley can be used to carry them instead.
- Please note that we only ship these items to Mainland UK & Highlands - We will not ship them to NI or Eire (Please see the link to our Irish distributor if buying in these regions)
BACKPACK USE AND BATTERY CHARGING INSTRUCTIONS
To use the variable flow controller on the V3 Backpack, push the on/off switch to the upper ON (I) position and then turn on the unit using the flow control silver dial until the desired flow rate is reached. When desired flow rate is set, you can then switch on and off to this speed using just the on/off switch. For full flow rate push the switch to the lower ON (II) setting
The battery comes fully charged as standard. However, it is recommended that you charge the battery again until the green LED on the charger illuminates. Charger will show red LED whilst charging and when battery is less than full.
To read the voltmeter: Turn the pump switch to the lower ON (II) setting - when GREEN light shows, this indicates the backpack is fully charged; when just the yellow or red lights show, this indicates the backpack needs to be re-charged soon; when the red light only shows it indicates the backpack must be recharged immediately. Failure to do so and continuing to use the backpack in this battery state could damage the battery and shorten its lifespan.
- For prolonged battery life and to avoid battery cell damage it is best to keep the battery charged as often as possible, preferably after each use.
- Only charge the unit using the supplied battery charger. Do not use a computer lead or similar.
- If using with chemicals, always ensure that the unit is rinsed out fully and the pump and hose is flushed through for a few minutes with pure water before storage.
6 customer reviews
V3 BackpackBy Nathan June 06, 2018
Excellent bit of kit. Have used others in the past from different companies but this is by far the best quality and easy to use with the flow rate adjuster. Great value for money and an essential item which we use daily along with our van system.
V3 BackpackBy Fitspin December 07, 2017
When purchase was faulty, I sent this back and they repaired a loose wire. Wow, this is well worth the money. I am so impressed with it and all the staff I spoke to regarding the repair were very very helpful. Could not fault the service and if this ever breaks and can't be fixed, I would most definitely purchase another from this company.
Spot-on Flow RateBy TomC May 21, 2015
Very useful and the flow rate is spot on.
V3 BackpackBy Gavin May 15, 2015
I've had the mk1 mk2 and now have the mk3 the latest version .
This version is better than the other 2 I use mine daily .
Very GoodBy SCS May 15, 2015
Very good, the flow far is more than you need from a back pack, but you can dial it down. Only downside is the colour makes it hard to see the water level. Even so if mine broke I'd buy another.